THE COCOON ™: ::“Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome”. ::
~ AcidFlynn Wraith ~ Inspired by ~ AcidFlynn Wraith ~

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog

25 October 2011

::“Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome”. ::

Ever since in college, I’ve had a bad sleep problem.

No matter how little sleep I get the entire week, no matter how much I avoid caffeine, no matter how much exercise I do…I am wide awake in the middle of the night doing my best work! Often my most productive hours are between midnight and 2 or 3AM, even if I've gotten only a few hours sleep the night before and been up for 18 hours.

It’s truly a bizarre pattern of dead tired mornings, walking around like a jet-lagged zombie, followed by a tortuous afternoon in desperate need of a nap, and finally an evening where I start to wake up.
“What could be wrong with me?” I wondered for years. Surely this was not a normal way to live!
As it turns out, I’m not alone with this small problem. Like others, I eventually managed to deal with it. But it always bothered me because everyone I met didn’t seem to understand my problem.
I tried every piece of advice that I heard: “Read before bed”, “Drink a glass of warm milk”, “No caffeine after noon”, but it didn’t seem to work. Even if I forced myself to get in bed at a reasonable hour, sure enough, I would toss and turn until 3AM before finally falling asleep.(Or... not to sleep!) Sounds like something called “Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome”.er.. yeahh

Each morning i want to sleep in a bit later, and each night i want to stay up a bit later. The world is moving too fast for your biological clock, so you are always a bit behind! Certain wave lengths of light seem to work better than others.


Thinking back to the caveman days, life was very simple getting plenty of sunlight during the day and it being pitch black at night. Our brains evolved to operated on this schedule over millions of years, but with today’s society full of artificial lights and plenty of activities to stay up for, some of our brains (mine included) have gotten confused.

FootNote ~ Solution : Owling hahaha jadi burung hantu je
 

0 EDITOR COMPLAINING:

Post a Comment

DON'T LET THE NOISE OF OTHER OPINIONS DROWN OUT YOUR OWN INNER VOICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE THE COURAGE TO FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND INTUITION ™

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Search This Blog

PING

Blogged.my Blogged.my
Best View Resolution 1280 x 1024 [RECOMMENDED]
Donate Here